Saturday, May 19, 2007

ascension @ novena

didn't really like the priest's sermon... too accusatory. may leave bitter taste in many mouths. however, his words do make sweet meditative fodder. this hymn, however, i had to take home:

Chords for "O God, You Search Me"
Psalm 139, tune by Bernadette Farrell
Duration: [X] = [Y] [Y] = [Z] [Z] [Z] [Z]

O [D] God, You [G/D] search [D] me [A/D] and [D] You [A] know [D] me. [D/C#]
[G/B] All my [Dadd9/F#] thoughts lie [G] open [Bm] to Your [Asus4] gaze. [A]
When I [Bm] walk [Bm/A] or lie [G] down You [A/G] are be-[F#m]fore [Bm] me: [Bm/A]
[G7M] E-ver the [Em7] ma-[D/F#]ker and [G] keeper [A] of my [Dsus4] days. [D]

You know my resting and my rising.
You discern my purpose from afar,
And with love everlasting You besiege me:
In ev'ry moment of life or death, You are.

Before a word is on my tongue, Lord,
You have known its meaning through and through,
You are with me beyond my understanding:
God of my present, my past and future, too.

Although Your Spirit is upon me,
Still I search for shelter from Your light.
There is nowhere on earth I can escape You:
Even the darkness is radiant in Your sight.

For You created me and shaped me,
Gave me life within my mother's womb.
For the wonder of who I am I praise You:
Safe in Your hands, all creation is made new.

had a really hard time finding the chords to this fantastic song... thanks to grace (law grad, yr of 2006) who transcribed this to me from scores... hopefully it's true to original! your creator knows you thru and thru... so there's no shame, only love.

No comments: